Miami, FL — Miami International Film Festival (MIFF), a program of Miami Dade College’s MDCulture, is welcoming an anticipated superb ensemble of celebrated film
talent to its 31st edition including an array of Hollywood’s biggest stars, this coming March 7 – 16.
Acclaimed actors, performers and personalities expected to attend include: Mike Myers, Shirley MacLaine, Christopher Plummer, John Turturro, Andy Garcia,
Gloria & Emilio Estefan, and Tom Brokaw. As well, internationally renowned performers expected to attend include Alon Moni Aboutboul from Israel, acclaimed
violinist David Garrett from Germany, rising British star David Olyelowo, Brazilian stars Fabricio Boliveira and Daniel Pinto, Latin sensation Osvaldo Rios, and
Mexican actress Sophie Alexander-Katz.
In addition, these talented filmmakers expected to attend the Festival, by Festival category include:
• Filmmakers: Michael Radford, René Sampaio, Bernard Rose, Marlon Johnson, Emilio
Estefan, Chad Tingle, Dennis Scholl, Raymond de Fellita, Juan José Campanella,
Gaston Gorali, and Nacho Vigalondo.
• Actors and Subjects: Shirley MacLaine, Christopher Plummer, Fabrício Boliveira, John
Turturro, David Garrett, Gloria Estefan, Tom Brokaw, Mark Buoniconti, Nick Buoniconti,
Willie Clarke, Helene Smith and Andy Garcia.
• Filmmakers: Alejandro Fernández Almendras, Fernando Coimbra, Neto
Villalobos, Patxi Amezcua, Marcelo Gomes, Fernando Eimbcke, Marcelo Tobar,
Jorge Durán, Matías Lucchesi, Mar Coll, and Gabriel Durán.
• Actors: Daniel de Oliveira and Sophie Alexander-Katz.
KNIGHT DOCUMENTARY COMPETITION
• Filmmakers: Mike Myers, Tony Gerber, Maxim Pozdorovkin, Javier Polo,
Marianne Lamour, John Maloof, Allison Berg, Frank Keraudren, Jon Berlinger,
Andrew Rossi, Jesse Moss, Alberto Fuget, and Juliette Maynial.
• Subjects: Shep Gordon.
LEXUS IBERO-AMERICA OPERA PRIMA COMPETITION
• Filmmakers: Samuel Kishi Leopo, Borja Soler, and Maria Gamboa
AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL
• Filmmakers: John Stockwell and Tim Sutton.
CINEMA 360° presented by VIENDOMOVIES
• Filmmakers: Amma Assante, Daniel Sánchez Arévalo, Diego Quemada-Díez,
Flora Lau, Hannes Stöhr, Javier Ruiz Caldera, Leticia Tonos, Louise
Archambault, Moisés Sepúlveda, Richie Mehta, Simon Brand, and Julián Giraldo.
• Actors: Alon Aboutbou and David Oyelowo.
• Filmmaker: Cavi Borges and Gabe Klinger.
• Filmmakers: Ronnie Rivera, Kareem Tabsch, Joey Daoud, Bill Bilowit and
• Filmmakers and Special Presenters: Bent- Jorgen Perlmutt.
• Filmmakers: Alfredo Montero and Ti West.
PAPI SHORTS COMPETITION PRESENTED BY MACY’S
• Filmmakers: Alessandra Gherardi, Samuel Albis, Anna Clara Peltier, Eric Paternot,
Justin Malone, and Rodrigo Bellott.
• Filmmakers: Rosita Lama Muvdi, Judith Joan-Walker, and Ahmed Abdelnaser.
FROM THE VAULT
• Photographer Michael Childress will present Jon Voight’s screen tests for Midnight